Teaching, training, diffusion of knowledge and valorization
Leader: Carole DEUMIE (ECM, Institut Fresnel)
These objectives rely on infrastructures (CERIMED, PEMOA, INSTN), and on environment of synergistic exchanges and interdisciplinary dynamics between the different hospital, academic and industrial partners, and theirs already existing teaching/training activities, especially for engineering schools, Master’s degrees and PhD programs, as well as their educational responsibilities.
CERIMED has especially the mission to create and organize interdisciplinary teaching/training cycles, including industrial partners on theoretical and practical aspects of imaging, meeting the various concerned disciplines (physics, biology, medicine, pharmacy, …) to diffuse knowledge, know-how and experience with access to (pre)clinical imaging platforms and various conference rooms (100 people for the largest one). Similar and complementary objectives are also developed by PEMOA, for theoretical and practical teaching/training of ophthalmologists and users of adaptive optics, including industrials; and by CE2F-PRIM for NHP testing. Regarding (pre)clinical imaging platforms, DHU-Imaging partners will pursue and reinforce teaching, training and support missions for users of facilities, devices and image processing (Master and PhD students, graduate and undergraduate physicians, paramedics, and engineers, as well as industrials). These pre(clinical) platforms open a unique opportunity to bust research, and therefore potentiate scientific training in terms of both number of students and quality of conducted works.
DHU-Imaging will implement a broad variety of initiatives:
- Reinforce Masters’ programs and Engineer degrees:
- Foster the emergence of a national multidisciplinary doctoral training in medical bioengineering, open to physicians, biologists and physicists, with a Euro-Mediterranean opening perspective (Italy, Spain, Israel; possibly evolving towards an Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate).
- Promote international, and especially Euro-Mediterranean, exchanges, by supporting students, researchers, and physicians to carry out internships abroad and to attend conferences, and reciprocally by organizing locally international internships.
- Reinforce initial professional education, with student and resident internships for physicians within CERIMED, as well as for paramedic and engineer students.
- Reinforce continuing professional education, with transversal in service training (of some days) and graduate (of 100 hours) programs, from engineering to health, which will be created relying on especially CERIMED, LIIE, and PEMOA infrastructures, and especially for percutaneous and endovascular procedures, in collaboration with industrial partners.
- Promote national and international workshops and seminars, on a periodic basis of one per year, inviting national and international speakers (taking advantage of the visits of international colleagues). They will be opened to students and researchers, as well as to the scientific community.